Album reviews will be updated soon.
• Interview in the Swedish music magazine Sonic. “Cut You Out” was also featured on the CD that comes with the magazine. On paper only. Buy online.
• “En förtrollande Cat Power-röst i en mjuk och småbusig Regina Spektor-miljö. Blandat med lite Kent-gitarrer och trippande klaviatur. Like.” Evelina at VK http://blogg.vk.se/popkultur/
• Markus Larsson likes Big Fox in Aftonbladet!
• Big Fox on “all that’s cool” www.alltsomartufft.se
• SR P3 Session’s Sandra Mosh: moshpitbymicksa.wordpress.com
• Swedesplease: www.swedesplease.net
• Design biz/blog Top Dollar likes the video: www.topdollar.se/welike/
• Design blog: yayeveryday.com
• #7 on PSL‘s list on “most important rock-n-roll moments” this week! http://psl.svt.se/psl/
The New Singles Review blog just reviewed the debut single(s):
Saturday is a lovely gentle pop ballad and also the début single of Charlotta Perers a.k.a. Big Fox released as a double A-side with Cut You Out which is also an enjoyable track. /../ The result is gorgeously soft whilst also managing to sound crisp and well focussed at the same time.
…and Toronto based Dimanche likes the Saturday-video!
“Her music and her potential stuck out this past year. This is one of probably 2 or 3 Swedish female singers that will be in this group of best music from Sweden in 2010.”
“It’s been 4 days since my last post. But I hope to have made up for my absence with the results from my scouring of the web for brilliant Swedish pop. I think I’ve found it in a piano playing singer-songwriter who goes by the name of Big Fox (aka Charlotta Perers). She accomplishes her sound mostly by herself playing all the instruments, and doing the production/arranging of the songs. You would think that “Saturday” would be an uptempo pop song about partying from the title, but instead is a slightly melancholy (yet positive) song about being home alone on a Saturday night. Charlotta admits to being influenced by Feist, Regina Spektor, Frida Hyvönen, Jenny Wilson and Ane Brun but her sound stands out on its own at the same time. She is currently unsigned but I wouldn’t expect that to last long on the basis of the songs uploaded to her MySpace profile.”